WHAT IS THIS?
We see people post operatively for many conditions, mainly Orthopaedic and assist them in their recovery so that they can return to living their life fully again.
WHY DOES IT OCCUR?
Surgery is used to correct and fix problems in our body as a result of injury, age or issues that we inherited genetically.
• Knee surgery for ligament and reconstruction of joints and joint replacements
• Shoulder reconstruction following dislocation and tendon repairs
• Hip Labral tear repairs and hip joint replacement
• Spinal Surgery
• Achilles repairs – either surgical or non surgical
• Foot surgery
WHAT DAMAGE HAS OCCURRED?
Following surgery you are naturally apprehensive that you are doing the right thing and not undoing the damage that has occurred. It is really important that you are guided to do the right thing at the right time and understand your limitations and the time scale it takes to recover from surgery.
HOW CAN WE ASSIST?
• We will advise you and guide you to what you should be doing at what time periods.
• Show you how to do home exercises to regain your strength.
• Assist you to regain your range of motion
• Advise you on return to recreational, sporting and occupational activity.
• We will work with you and your surgeon to get the best possible outcome.